• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Printing sports balls - golf balls, bocce, etc


New Member
I am looking for a recommendation of someone that can print white type on various round ball shapes. These are for various sports, but they take a lot of abuse so there are really two challenges:
1. I need to print around the ball - like a center stripe but with lettering, etc
2. The ink needs to be super durable so it won't chip or flake off during play - can wear out after the product is worn out as well.
This could be higher volume if it works out.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated


Active Member
I believe that process is called pad printing. Large blocks of highly conformable silicone are used to to burn the imprint of the image onto and then the item to be printed is aligned and pressed into the block.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Yep...pad printing. Rotary pad printing is the ultimate way to go for your project. Do a google search for the subject and see if anybody near you comes up.

See it here:

Last edited: