• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing text Only Scratching off

hams

I've been using the Mimaki for labeling purposes on plastic connectors and have been having trouble printing just plain text. Sometimes I'll colour match the plastic I'm printing on in order to circumvent it scratching off but its such a pain to do when I have to constantly mess around to match my colours when really I would like to print just the plain text.

Is there a way to get around it scratching off? I have been using primer, both on valid pixel with 10 pixel thickening as well as across the whole image to see if it would work better and the ink is still scratching off with just my fingernail. Any tips?

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Have you been waiting 24 hours until testing? Prints on acrylic are very volatile for the first 24 hours, and every material provider will tell you to wait 24 hours until scratching to allow full cure time. There have been many times where I will test fresh off the machine and it will come right off, but wait 24 hours and it will be on there well enough.