• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing to Clear - Overspray issues on Mimaki UJV-160

matastu

Hey everyone. I'm Stu and I work for a Print Studio. We have recently purchased a Mimaki UJV-160 ideally for printing frost like designs to clear along with various other things.

When printing colours CYMK and now White to standard white vinyl or fomaex the print looks fine. We have to up the pass rate dependent on the design to get a solid colour and reduce the lineiness.

However when printing to a clear material and we have tried various, 4mm, Optical clear, motled clear we have overspray issues. If we reduce the pass rate to the lowest (6pss) the quality is not good enough, it shows very liney, when we up the passrate the overspray issue gets worst.

We have tried all the cleaning options as mentioned in the manual and still this as not help with our problem.

Have others experienced this problem before on this machine or another and does anyone have an idea on how create a solution.

Your help is very welcome.

Many Thanks

Stu