• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing to create a catalog

jclarke

Probably a question answered a thousand times but....We would like to make a catalog of several of our monument designs created in Omega. Is it possible to select multiple files and print them each on 8.5 x 11 paper all at once and to top it off, can the file path be included as a footer or header?

What we would like is one file per page, wireframe style, so that a customer can flip through and easily see some of our traditional design styles. I know that you can use thumbprint to create a thumbnail catalog and this is nice for us to use to find files, but we would like the customer to be able to look at a full page layout.

We print them off individually now, and that works fine, but we want to batch print, let's say...40 or 50 pages...as we are opening a new store and are creating new catalogs for that location.

We use Omega 2.0 and 1.56 and plot to a GS750+ and print to, along with a few inkjets, a solid ink Xerox 8400 phaser printer.

Thanks for any help.

Joe Clarke
Harrison Monuments
www.harrisonmonuments.com

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think the answer would be to think Acrobat PDF. This will then give you not only a printable catalog but an electronic one as well. You can setup in any number of applications including publishing applications like Adobe InDesign, illustration applications like Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW, and even word processors like Microsoft Word. Then if you have Acrobat you will be able to save the pages as PDF and combine them into a catalog by importing the PDF and putting the finishing touches on it in Acrobat.

jclarke

Thanks for your replies. We do a lot of our own graphic design, but do use a firm to make our brochures and product folders. I think the pdf solution is one we might add to our website, thanks for that idea, we currently use galleries but pdf additions might be nice too. I think the proprietary omega files preclude my batch process print job idea, but I'll keep experimenting. I can print pdf's using acrobat, and these do include the file path as a header although it isn't (I don't think) editable as to where it appears on the page.

Thanks again for your replies.

Joe Clarke
Harrison Monuments
www.harrisonmonuments.com

jclarke

One other thing, these catalogs that I'm referencing aren't really fancy, just 3-ring bound heavy duty binders that we can quickly change images in and out of as examples of different designs of the monuments.

Joe

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If I were doing it, and I own two licenses for Omega, I would be using their file converter utility to batch export all the needed images into Illustrator or JPG format. I would then import each image onto it's own page in any application capable of generating a PDF and the add the descriptive text. Export as PDF and setup bookmarks using Acrobat Pro and save the final printable and distributible document.