• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing to mylar bags

Draggin

Is anyone printing onto mylar bags?? I know it can be done with a rack, printer, conveyor system but I can't seem to find any information on it. Don't want anything huge, just short runs of about 300-500 per job.

Thanks!

IV

Is anyone printing onto mylar bags?? I know it can be done with a rack, printer, conveyor system but I can't seem to find any information on it. Don't want anything huge, just short runs of about 300-500 per job.

Thanks!
have you tried with a UV flatbed? I'm sure it can be done....

Draggin

have you tried with a UV flatbed? I'm sure it can be done....
No, I haven't really tried anything yet. I've been researching but it hasn't gotten me far. Was hoping someone has already done it.
Thanks though, I'll look into your suggestions

Inks

Are they the woven polyester bags? Many have success using plastisol with an additive and there are several videos online showing this process. You would need a dryer that can hit 320F. Another option may be solvent base or uv but the polyester may need to be treated.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We printed on mylar bags for a prospective customer in the last month on either a Mimaki UJF-6042 Mk II or a Mimaki 7151 Plus. I'll see what I can find out about it.