• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing too short

brycesteiner

I have a Mutoh VJ-1324 and I've noticed lately it prints .25" short every 48". By the time I print a a 4x8' I'm a .25" short the one way and a .5" short the long direction. I've checked the RIP and it is printing 100%. Any quick way to solve this?

thanks,
Bryce

threeputt

When we had similar problems with our Roland, a simple feed calibration cured the problem. Have you done this?
For the other dimensional distortion, it would be a simple scan calibration.

Don't know your printer, but there must be similar adjustments I would think.

letterman7

There is a PF adjust on the Mutoh console menu. I'd have to look it up again to see how to access it. The machine will print two lines, you measure and enter the adjustment accordingly.

RG

There is a PF adjust on the Mutoh console menu. I'd have to look it up again to see how to access it. The machine will print two lines, you measure and enter the adjustment accordingly.

Letterman7 is right. You need to have a metric ruler handy.

brycesteiner

I measured another job and now I'm wondering if material shrinks once it dries, but because this latest was the correct size. Or maybe it's the profile.
The ones that come out wrong usually have a lot of ink and are on thick banner material. This that came out correctly was on vinyl and the head was set to lower.

henryp

Perform a separate PF Adjust for each type of material, say Vinyl, Paper, Banner, and set them as different media types say type 1, 2, 3. The printer will then remember and apply the feed compensation for each media type that you select upon loading the material.