• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing vinyl vs regular vinyl

149motorsports

I got a roll of a glossy mactac vinyl that is made for printing, since i dont do printing but yet i am stuck with the roll, i figured i'd use it as my white vinyl for my race cars, will this work? you cant really tell the differance between the two next to each other..any down sides,ect? thanks

Mosh

Anything is fine for race cars. Most don't make it a whole race without a scrape or 20. (Except the fast guys, and they get a new car each year mostly)

149motorsports

thanks, i didnt know if anything would go wrnong with printing vinyl is layered over calandered, since most printing is over laminated.

ProWraps

if you take 3M lammed and contour cut it its a pain in the ass to weed. BUT, if you let it sit for a few hours, the cut peices will litteraly pull away from the excess and it practially weeds itself.