• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing wraps With Fluorescent background color

511graphix

I have been seeing a lot of wraps. that have fluorescent color background with print on top of the fluorescent. Are people printing on say 3M 1080 film. Can you print on it with a HP latex printer? What am I missing here cause I thought these films were not for printing. Also I know of printing graphics with fluorescent vinyl cut and laid onto the wrap. But is it done before or after laminating? Also another question as I'm trying to figure out between glossing luster Matte laminate's (glossy and Matte I know what they are) i'm looking for metalflake Laminate's. Also holographic Laminates and where to buy them.

J Hill Designs

'not for printing' and 'not printable' are two different things. Solvent printers can print on most anything

I would say if its a full field fluo background, maybe they are wrapping with 1080 solid, then overlaying graphics

J Hill Designs

My guess is full color wrap with the fluor. Print on clear and laminate the clear and apply over the fluor.

if you print on clear, you would still have no whitepoint, just like printing direct to the fluo. fine and dandy if you are printing solid black etc.

just and additional thought. print on white or clear depending on graphic elements and if you need a whitepoint

:thumb:

There are a few things here that are off. First, I haven't heard of any flourescent wrap films. Might be some nice brighter colors, but not flourescent by any means. Unless some have come out super recently that I'm unaware of. Next even if there is out somewhere, the fluorescent products loose that fluorescent glow in a fairly short amount of time, around a year or so. Most of the time, like on a race car for example, they are fluorescent overlays applied to the top of either like a 1080 series or a printed & laminated graphic. Laminate it first, then apply the overlays. Next even if you do get some fluorescent wrap film, like I know avery custom makes colors if you buy enough of it, then printing on it would still be an issue if you cannot print white, as without a white point as previously mentioned, your colors would be off.

As as far as the metalli laminates and such go, a while back mactac made a metallic laminate if I'm not mistaken, don't know much about it though.

My opinion wrap in 1080, apply flourescent overlays knowing they won't last as long as the 1080, and roll with that. If you want metallic, just get metallic 1080.

511graphix

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,855
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,492
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,523
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,411
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,819

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I.m sure that is all printed. I can hit that color pretty much on L260.

511graphix

I.m sure that is all printed. I can hit that color pretty much on L260.

thats wonderful to know. I am planing on going HP you think the l25500 can hit hit bright colors like that too. if everything goods the way i want it. I might be just going straight to a l360 fingers crossed

There are not significant differences in color gamut between the 300-series HP Latex and the 200-series machines in most cases (keeping the print media consistent for both).

511graphix

There are not significant differences in color gamut between the 300-series HP Latex and the 200-series machines in most cases (keeping the print media consistent for both).

really good to know Thanks! does the l260 (L26500) also use two 240s for power. and how long does it take to warmup for printting. I read that the 25500 is around 10 mins

511graphix

With that being said, don't you think it's a stretch to say that ANY cmyk printer (or any variation using even lc lm lk g o inks)
can print "pretty much fluorescent"?

I realize just like describing any other color verbally, "pretty much" is open for interpretation, but I find it hard to believe you could print anything remotely close to something that would pass as fluorescent on any solvent, uv, or latex printer.

Just in case the OP is counting on miraculously being able to print fluorescent looking colors on a printer that is yet to be purchased.

I think what they are meaning is that both printers can print the same colors with reason. I do know that the l260 blacks are richer in depth from what I have read

With that being said, don't you think it's a stretch to say that ANY cmyk printer (or any variation using even lc lm lk g o inks)
can print "pretty much fluorescent"?

I realize just like describing any other color verbally, "pretty much" is open for interpretation, but I find it hard to believe you could print anything remotely close to something that would pass as fluorescent on any solvent, uv, or latex printer.

Just in case the OP is counting on miraculously being able to print fluorescent looking colors on a printer that is yet to be purchased.

And where did I make the statement that you are quoting? Please re-read the string.

(For the record, no I would never make that comment.)

really good to know Thanks! does the l260 (L26500) also use two 240s for power. and how long does it take to warmup for printting. I read that the 25500 is around 10 mins

There are no real differences in warm-up between the first and second generation HP Latex machines (L25500 and L26500/L260).

There is a major difference in warm-up time between either of them and the third-generation Latex 300 series machines. Earlier generations take about 8-10 minutes from a cold start, where the 300-series is ~90 seconds from a cold start.

All require two 220v power.

31legen

Fluorescent wrap vinyl

Both avery and arlon make a fluorescent yellow wrap vinyl. The avery stuff is very hard to come by as it is special ordered by Richard Childress Racing in 30 rolls at a time. Ive have also heard that some printers now are able to print colors that are very close to fluorescent.