• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prints are coming out very dark

trimitbyrich

I have a Roland SP 540V and wrap a lot off stuff with it.Using Photoshop, we have been incorporating a lot of photos in our stuff but the prints come out very dark in comparison to what I see on the screen. I even print them out on a desktop printer first to show the customer a proof and it looks perfect. I realize I just need to make some adjustments to it prior to printing but just wondering what I need to adjust or how far to save myself some time.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I have a Roland SP 540V and wrap a lot off stuff with it.Using Photoshop, we have been incorporating a lot of photos in our stuff but the prints come out very dark in comparison to what I see on the screen. I even print them out on a desktop printer first to show the customer a proof and it looks perfect. I realize I just need to make some adjustments to it prior to printing but just wondering what I need to adjust or how far to save myself some time.

Unless you are running a calibrated system... and you aren't... that is a huge mistake. Your colors on a cheap desktop printer are NOT going to match the profiled prints on a Roland.

It sound like you need to calibrate your monitor to your printer. Big time. You can hire someone to do it for you, or invest in a system and do it yourself. But your first mistake in this is expecting the color to match your monitor OR an inkjet proof without that calibration.

Sabre

In addition to the calibration suggestion (which I also am in need of), you may have some luck playing with your profiles until you find something you're happy with. What media are you using?

trimitbyrich

I do not think profiles are an issue. I use Arlon 6000 and the calendered wrap vinyl profile which looks great. I would have to believe the calibration would be the issue. What system would I need to calibrate it?

Checkers

Two things...

1) Your monitor's color temperature settings - varies by monitor but ~5000k is good
2) color calibration - if you use Photoshop you may already have it installed

The i1 system or similar should produce better/more accurate results though.

Checkers

Checkers

Duh, I forgot to mention that Adobe's monitor calibration is Adobe Gamma.
Assuming you're running windows, you should find it installed in the windows control panel.

Checkers

dolce05

save your money and purchase a monitor with ips (in plane switching) <spelling?? anyway google monitor ips and calibration and you will learn alot fast.

Bigdawg

Just Me
So worth the money Marc. I have a new computer system coming in next week that I have to profile from beginning to end... the roland, the monitor and I'm even going to go for profiling the Epson proof printer, dammit I want things to match!