• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printshops who offer web design

soggywinter

Small cutsheet and wideformat printshop here. Given the supply shortages and economic volatility of 2021, I'm thinking of adding web design to my service offerings. My team gets asked about web design somewhat often, and I don't think it would a skillset stretch to offer websites built on a few common content management platforms like wordpress and shopify. Have any signshop owners had particularly good or bad experiences with web design and maintenance services?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We dabbled in this kind of this back in 2009 when we were retail. It's funny how much things have changed and yet, how much hasn't. WordPress was as popular back then as it is now.

I think the key to making this work would be to set your boundaries very clearly.

Make sure your customer understands how much you're willing to do, and be ready to let them work with a design house the specializes in web design if the project gets too large.

That being said, having one place to go for signs, vehicle graphics, business cards, promo products, and a basic brand website is quite useful for a busy small business owner. Once you get them signed up, just treat them fairly and you'll likely not need to deal with as many price wars after that.