• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prismjet 38''

ericmitchell29

Guys, anyone with experience seeing or owning one of these, could you please help me. I am going to be making a purchase in the next couple of days. I am going to go with the great deal at sign warehouse but I want to know more about them. I have searched the message boards... but... I want to start this thread to see if you all could give me some in depth pointers, impressions and overall thoughts of this printer.

Thanks so much

Eric

jsprosigns

I have know idea about where your budjet is for your new stuff. Just take my advice. Look up fellers before you buy. Also with that printer ou are going to be limited. just my 3 cents.

S

Sign-Man Signs

We have one of the 38's. Older model. I spoke to one of the sales reps at the ISA show and got a Price on a 48" Value Jet for $9500.00, complete package. QE60 cutter, inks, the whole ball of wax. The 38' they have don't have the wave printing. I'd stay clear and go for the Value Jet. Lease will run you about $285.00 a month. Be sure to include the "insurance" when you lease. It's a add-on they don't tell you about.

GTSTech_1

The Prismjet that warehouse offers is a Mutoh Falcon II, I think. Most owners would not purchase a 2nd Falcon, especially if they have dealt with Calgraph lately.
The VJ-48 @9995 does not include the "Auto Take-up" (it's a 1800 option). Not sure if the printer comes with your 1st set of ink, my guess is not as they want to charge you 50+ for the cable. The cutter and laminator are also extra(add those items and your looking at their "gold package"). It's on their website.

While price can drive your decision, you'll need to think of the service end, should the need arise. Save your box and packing, as you'll need to send the printer to warehouse for repairs. As for Fellers, they have been selling and serivcing Mutoh for 6 months. If it was me, I would make sure the company can handle any and all repairs/issues.

My $.02

Joey Alonso
GTSTech_1

ericmitchell29

Thanks for the info. I'm like a school of fish on here. Just keep bouncing around but my underlyingworry has been service from sign warehouse. Their nearest rep for the prismjet would be in boston. thats 4 hours away from me. Maybe 5.

Whats the deal with the valuejet 48 with cutter. Iwould take that deal if you could find me the info. Thats great.
Thanks so much.

Eric

ericmitchell29

vinyl craft that deal is great but I can get new for that because your not including shipping... or are you???

With gas prices the way they are, shipping that will be around 2000. Atleast that is what SW told me.

If we could work something out I would gladly talk to you about it.
thanks for the reply.

Eric

VinylCraft

vinyl craft that deal is great but I can get new for that because your not including shipping... or are you???

With gas prices the way they are, shipping that will be around 2000. Atleast that is what SW told me.

If we could work something out I would gladly talk to you about it.
thanks for the reply.

Eric

SW is also trying to sell you there equipment. I'm sure they will tell you anything, They they got a deal that includes a lam machine?

Flame

The Prismjet that warehouse offers is a Mutoh Falcon II, I think. Most owners would not purchase a 2nd Falcon, especially if they have dealt with Calgraph lately.
The VJ-48 @9995 does not include the "Auto Take-up" (it's a 1800 option). Not sure if the printer comes with your 1st set of ink, my guess is not as they want to charge you 50+ for the cable. The cutter and laminator are also extra(add those items and your looking at their "gold package"). It's on their website.

While price can drive your decision, you'll need to think of the service end, should the need arise. Save your box and packing, as you'll need to send the printer to warehouse for repairs. As for Fellers, they have been selling and serivcing Mutoh for 6 months. If it was me, I would make sure the company can handle any and all repairs/issues.

My $.02

Joey Alonso
GTSTech_1

GEI Calgraph always came to my shop for repairs, and I've been through 2 Falcons. Never once did I have to ship off the printer, except to make a return for a new one.

Fellers and SignWarehouse are not as different as people might think. Personally, I buy from neither, but would buy just as easily from SW as Fellers.

EnergyDesign

I have never had a problem with Fellers. I have a wonderful rep, and you cannot beat their customer service. Only Grimco matches their service. I would give Fellers a shot...

Flame

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Buy mine buy mine!!!!! :thumb:

48" Mutoh Falcon/ Prismjet, 1 1/2 years old, includes takeup reel (extra $1800 through SW). Needs some servicing, and I can give you details of what it needs. Asking $8000 shipped, and I'll pay up to $1500 for parts and labor it get it in tip top shape. Or you can buy it as-is for $6800 and do the repairs yourself.

Same deal through SW will cost you over $10K.

Paid double that when I bought it, So I'm taking a hit on this...

SO, not to be a :thread but there's an option for you. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

ericmitchell29

I can get a 48'' Mutoh Value Jet with $1000 in vinyl, a 54 graphtec fc7000 plotter, flexisign 8.5 all of the inks, cables for 14,600 shipped. (from texas to Maine.)