• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PrismJET EXtraC

blackicefx

Anyone familiar with the PrismJet EXtra C printer/cutter combo packages? I was eyeing one from SignWarehouse for about $12,495. I like the two unit packages as I can do additional printing while the cutter contour cuts. Anyway, anyone have this printer and/or feedback on it?

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

S

Sign-Man Signs

We have the exact same package. If I had to to do over again, I'd get the Roland print and cut. Trying to get the printer to contour cut is almost a joke.
I like the printer. Basically trouble free. Great color. You still have to go through a learning curve on the operation and up keep, but all in all a good printer. They will want to sell you a QE Series cutter, which is the biggest piece of junk on the market. You can't use the ARMS system without some kind of sighting system for your contour cuts. The X Axis alarm goes off if you don pre-feed vinyl through it. It WILL NOT pull a new roll of vinyl without stopping in the middle of a job. I contacted SW Tech and was told that a problem I have to live with for the QE series model.
Call me if you need to before you buy.
352-528-6090

Jackpine

The problem is in Flexi as a rip and CUT. I cut with a Graphtec ce3000mk2 and have no problems cutting. Don't get the QE cutter, get a Graphtec instead. I don't use Flexi as a RIP.

blackicefx

well, I have an existing VE Panther 40" cutter. I don't suppose there's any way to upgrade to an optical registration system on it is there? Gah...

Matthew
BlackIceFX

Jackpine

well, I have an existing VE Panther 40" cutter. I don't suppose there's any way to upgrade to an optical registration system on it is there? Gah...

Matthew
BlackIceFX
Not sure what printer you are wanting to get, 36" or larger but a ce5000Mk2 24" is $1,500 and the 48" maybe $2,500. I was quoted recently for a FC 30" at $2600. I would not want to "add the optics to a cutter. Get one that comes from the factory with the OPS.

Jackpine

Anyone familiar with the PrismJet EXtra C printer/cutter combo packages? I was eyeing one from SignWarehouse for about $12,495. I like the two unit packages as I can do additional printing while the cutter contour cuts. Anyway, anyone have this printer and/or feedback on it?

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX
For $17,000 you can get a Valuejet 48" package. The valuejet 48" is being replaced by a 54" model, so you should get an even better deal.

MarCom

I have the 62" printer and 64" cutter package from Signwarehouse. I've not had any problems with the cutter and would buy again. The printer gives nice quality but it is not very fast; about 20 sq' per hour at 720x720.

OneUpTenn

I have the exact same package as MarCom and I agree I havent had any problems like you are talking about Sign Man. Mine pulls a roll through just fine even the 50 yard rolls.

I am afraid to even post this as now I am sure something will go wrong with it now that I bragged on it.

kstompaint

I agree with Compilla. I've researched for myself and decided to go with the ValueJet. It's worth the extra money.

511graphix

I have made my mind up to go with the 1604 and Q-130 and Laminater from Signwarehouse.com. it package about $32.000 and sence they are just 2 hours away I get really cheap shipping yay lol.....but I dont know were to get the money for it.....O'well...