• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pro GX-640 Vinyl Cutter VS Graphtec 8600

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I need Pros/Cons from someone who owns them not a spec sheet. Is there even a comparison?

toomeycustoms

I have both and I prefer the Graphtec. Graphtec seems faster cutting and if you are doing a lot of perf cutting, you will go through less cutting strips on the Graphtec. If you are using Versaworks though, I'd get the Roland for compatibility. If you are using Flexi or a third party rip, get the Graphtec or Summa if its within budget.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Thanks. Thats my problem. I'm trying to find a good workflow for the 2 64in Roland printers I have. I use Flexi and Versaworks but would like to stick with one. They both have pros and cons.

I have a 30 graphtec FC8000 and love it but I want to be compatible and have a good workflow without sacrificing CUT SPEED, CUT QUALITY and CUT ACCURACY even on long cuts.

I'm not happy with any of these with the onboard cutting with my Roland pro4 so I'm affraid if I get the Pro GX I'll get a similar outcome