• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem sending file,Any suggestions?

mondo

I really cant figure out what was the problem on the cutter. Im trying to send a contour cut job to the plotter but it wont just cut it, no movement what so ever.

I printed out the job from flexi8, had the registration marks set, contour cut set and everything was set ( i guess ). It printed out just fine.

Now on the cutting part. I laminated it, set the origin, went to Production Manager send the file but it wont cut. It did not display any error at all.

I tried getting a parallel cable, its still wont do it.

Reinstall driver, restart both cmputer and the plotter off, still nothing. I tried sending a test cut but still nothing. Although it will test cut when you pres the test button. So Im thinking amybe my connection or I just missed out something.

I dont know what to do right now.

Please remind me if I missed out something or If you have the same problem. Thank you

Ken

Sorry man, you should let us know how the file was created, converted.
What machine u r using.
Ken

mondo

I created it on Flexi8, just a simple round logo with a line sticking out. I set the contour cut to .000" and everything seem to be alright like normal things/adjustment its just that when I send it to the cutter (Vinyl Express Q100). I did set on the "origin". Everything was set right, I think?. It happened actually one time already I just forgot what did I do with it.

mondo

Sorry Sir...hehe Im probably gonna be up all night for this problem. I've been waiting for a response actually.

imaSIGNr

Could be as simple as ...are you sure your cutter is locked into position. Do you have material in cutter where sensors can read it ?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I created it on Flexi8, just a simple round logo with a line sticking out. I set the contour cut to .000" and everything seem to be alright like normal things/adjustment its just that when I send it to the cutter (Vinyl Express Q100). I did set on the "origin". Everything was set right, I think?. It happened actually one time already I just forgot what did I do with it.

How, exactly, did you sent the cut job to the plotter? Did you send it through Flexi via the Cut/Plot dialog or did you merely send the cut job that was, or should have been, created in Production Manager when you originally sent the whole thing through the Rip and Print?

mondo

How, exactly, did you sent the cut job to the plotter? Did you send it through Flexi via the Cut/Plot dialog or did you merely send the cut job that was, or should have been, created in Production Manager when you originally sent the whole thing through the Rip and Print?

I sent the the logo for printing through Rip and Print with registration marks and through Production Manager to cut.

mondo

Could be as simple as ...are you sure your cutter is locked into position. Do you have material in cutter where sensors can read it ?

I load a vinyl and tried to cut some sample letters through Cut and Plot , but still the cutter just wont do it. It just says there "Untitled 1 ...Holding, Cutting, Done, Aborted, then Done. For a mere second of each. Then movement.
I think its the connection. Or I missed something. Its connected to a USB.

What do you think about BAUD? Someone suggested that the BAUD should be 19200 instead of 9600 but I think if your using a serial or parallel port. Ithink I might try that.

mondo

Now my problem is. Whenever I send a job, the condition on the cutter changes. I set the condition on the software and on the cutter before I send the job. Whats making this changes? (VE Q100)

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Now my problem is. Whenever I send a job, the condition on the cutter changes. I set the condition on the software and on the cutter before I send the job. Whats making this changes? (VE Q100)

You need to set the Condition Priority in the plotter's Background settings to 'Manual'. This will cause the plotter to ignore any condition settings see via software. Usually a Good Thing.

mondo

You need to set the Condition Priority in the plotter's Background settings to 'Manual'. This will cause the plotter to ignore any condition settings see via software. Usually a Good Thing.

Got it! Thanks a lot Bob! :U Rock:

mondo

Bob,

Sorry if I ask you another question or anybody if you have an idea what just happened.

Why did the cutter made a couple of pass, it end up messing the decals. I check on the # of passes, its 1. Where should I look for the adjustment. thank you again.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Extra passes could be the result of having more than one contour cut vector sitting on top of eachother or it could be more than one cut in the queue.