• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Problem with automatic horizontal cutter on Latex 800 W

dburner

We have a Latex 800 W and are driving it with Onyx. Unlike our 365, we cannot figure out how to get it to automatically cut between jobs. The option just doesn’t seem to exist anywhere in the menu structure on the printer or in Onyx.

Is anyone successfully running an 800 and having it cut between jobs? If so, what’s the secret?

cornholio

I don't know, if this option exists, but that's not important. On a 800, or 700 you have no chance to print to the front edge of the medium without it jamming in the curing channel.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think it's still possible but I haven't tried it once. Have you checked in Onyx, right click your job -> edit -> printer settings (I think what it's called) and maybe it's set there per job?
Here's another place just guessing.
1696140532572.png

I don't know, if this option exists, but that's not important. On a 800, or 700 you have no chance to print to the front edge of the medium without it jamming in the curing channel.
That's not true. I have multiple materials that I know work 100% from the leading edge.

And no, I'm not saying everything does. But if he knows hes material does work what's the harm.

dburner

We have successfully printed this particular material on this printer without jamming the front edge. The issue is that we need to be able to print a hundreds at a time of what are approximately posters (not-full-bleed, 36"wide x 24" tall) and cut between each one. The manual labor involved is unsustainable, and when we purchased the printer it was explicitly for a workflow that included the automatic cutter -- which as far as we can tell is completely disabled, making the printer literally useless to us.