• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Daige 4 and bubbles

I have been have good luck with my D$ and all of a sudden it started getting bubbles in the print about every 6 inches in the middle of the print. I removed the lamination and rolled the rolled todether so they just touched and low and behold at 1 point they aren't touch for about an 10" wide section of the roller. Anyone had this problem? I'm starting to think this was a bad decision to buy..

msrobere

I worked with a diage before i went out on my own. I swor i would never buy one of them again. Spent the extra money and got a real laminator and never been happier.

Got an email from Ike harris at Diage on what to check , checked it out and sent him another email explaining the results. He called me and told me they had a problem with the rubber twisting on the lower roller and that he'd send me a new roller and for me to return the old 1 with the UPS label he sent..

What junk results? The guy is replacing the roller for free and sending a call tag for the old 1. I don't see that as junk results. I'd love to have bought a 8k dollar laminator right now but money wasn't there to do it then. This 1 will get me through the 1st of the yr and I will get me another 1.

customsticker

I have had a daige for over 2 years now, with ZERO problems. I don't know why everyone bad mouths them. They are basic, easy to find replacement parts for if you do break it, and they work perfectly.

Anyone who cannot use one, I truly question their intelligence.

mediaman

rick4310,
Ike is the man! I've never dealt with a vendor who is more willing to bend over backwards to help owners and you have confirmed that fact.
ChicagoGraphics.
Obviously, there are many who disagree with you, including me, who find the Daige does everything its supposed to do. We have many customers who laminate daily. Some people have issues and frustrations that are usually resolved with a phone training session or, if they are close enough to us, through one-on-one, in person training. In addition, Ike is always willing to get users past issues that seem unresolveable. Give me a call if you have any questions.

DBrock5150-

I got a Daige-4, used, and it's been working fine. First tried it with the kraft paper, that didn't work well, then used WD-40 on the back plate without kraft and it works fine.

Signsforwhile

i guess the daige doesnt have all the whistles and bells that other laminators have. but for people who dont have the money for the next level up this is a great laminator. sure ive had my share of headaches, but its made me a lot of money in the process.