• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with DX5

Dr_Andriy

Hello everyone.
There is a problem with the DX5 head. I recently serviced a Mimaki JV33 owl printer and removed the head for cleaning. Unfortunately, when I collected everything, one channel stopped working. Tried changing dampers, but nothing helps. Is it a problem in the head, or could it be something else? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3020.jpeg
    IMG_3020.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 160

Dr_Andriy

I’m checked cable. It is not in perfect condition, but it works. I have already ordered a new cable, I will try to replace it. But I don't think that the problem is in him.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's a pretty common issue I've seen with the older JV33 and CJV30 models. I would change the cap top slider or just the whole station entirely. The slider is usually the culprit though. The pegs that slide back and forth wear out and cause the cap top not line up correctly and it always makes that left magenta disappear first.

Dr_Andriy

I don't think this is the problem. The cap is new, everything is sealed, the pump fill all channels very well. After filling with ink, all lines started printing normal except magenta.