• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with take up roll

mudmedia

Enable auto take up reel on the led panel on the printer. I believe its under printer setup. Normally mine does that when auto take up reel is disabled.

evie

This worked, but the only problem is now the media won't let me reverse it when i push the up arrow. I am assuming that by having the take up reel enabled, i am losing the ability to reverse the media? Can I have it enabled, but still manually reverse the media when needed? Thanks

MikeD

Not sure about your particular printer, but our Mimaki printers have a switch on the motor that has 3 settings; off, forward and reverse.
We also made one for another piece of equipment that is On/Off only, but has a torque limiter. If yours does, you could loosen it up all the way when you need to reverse.

Good Luck!

mudmedia

evie you cannot use the reverse button on the lcd panel. its a design flaw in the printer...terrible design