• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Problematic Roland XR-640 Test Print

asprenz

Hello, all! I am new to this forum as a poster, but I've been a lurker for years during my time in the sign business.

I'm having a pesky test print problem lately though that I need a little more help on. Lurking won't cut it. I've attached an image.

I've done more manual cleanings than I can count, as well as all levels of cleanings. Haven't done a pump-up yet to try and clear it because I only work a few hours a week now and would like to be here while it works its magic. I fear a scratched head because of how it carries over into the magenta, but I don't see any scratches.

This is creating light banding on my prints that seems to be progressively getting worse. Can anybody help point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• PXL_20210915_234351557.jpg
    PXL_20210915_234351557.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 410

SE SignSupply

Head "A" is showing signs of electronic failure. That's the bending of the nozzles you are seeing.

I would replace both captops, but plan on a head and damper replacement on the "A" printhead.

OzarkDigital

Thoroughly clean your cap tops ... aggressively.
Do a Level 2 A side cleaning several times.
REPLACE THE CYAN CARTRIDGE BUT DON'T THROW AWAY THE OLD ONE JUST YET. We have been fooled 3-4 times before when the ink levels appears to be OK but we're really just sucking fumes through the tubes and starving that ink channel!)
Replace captops (takes about 30 minutes for a first timer --- follow directions very carefully and do NOT lose the retainer springs!)
If that doesn't work, replace the dampers (or have your tech do it).
All this time and minor maintenance money is pittance compared to a $2,800 new head and the $400 labor!
Suggest printing a "test print" pattern before EVERY print so the MINUTE the patterns wane, you can take aggressive action to prevent.
We have this sticker on our Roland to remind our team of BEST PRACTICES on low cost operation and preventing problems!

Roland Head Crash Error Sticker.jpg

asprenz

Thank you all for your advice. It has been a while since the last captop exchange. We used to have a tech in town but he quit and now the nearest one is two hours away, so admittedly tech-performed maintenance has been on the backburner, though I try to be on top of most other things.

I've never tried to replace captops as the techs always make it seem like a big undertaking... but if you're being honest about the 30 minute mark, I think I'll be able to swing it (albeit in about two hours if I had to guess :D)

SYYED SHAKEER

Thank you all for your advice. It has been a while since the last captop exchange. We used to have a tech in town but he quit and now the nearest one is two hours away, so admittedly tech-performed maintenance has been on the backburner, though I try to be on top of most other things.

I've never tried to replace captops as the techs always make it seem like a big undertaking... but if you're being honest about the 30 minute mark, I think I'll be able to swing it (albeit in about two hours if I had to guess :D)
Hope all is well , were you able to rectify your problem ? Thanks.