• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Problems Cutting Small Fine Detail Gx-24

hollywoodhd

A work in progress!
I had a local nail salon call and order some small decals for nails. I have change offset, pressure, blade, vinyl, and software. Still no luck. Tried single letters with and without monogram front.

It either pulls part of vinyl or bunches up the Vinyl.

I see on Etsy and eBay people are selling nail decal.

How are they doing it?

Is the Cutter the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How small is the text you are trying to cut? Small letters and designs can be an issue. I've done some pretty small stuff on a GX-24. It is a pain.

chuckh

I just did a quick search on Etsy. I'm guessing that your detail is too fine for what you want.
Anything with fine detail looks to be digitally printed and then the decal shape is cut out

1/4" is pretty small but it can be done. The Roland GX-24 is a good machine, I cut 1/4" text often with it. Weeding it isn't fun. If you have a high quantity to do then I agree with chuckh. Print, laminate and cut a box shape around your design if you have that option.

printhog

use 3M 7725.
use a new blade.
set blade offset properly
set a .5mm over cut
set blade depth as close to 2.5 mil as possible. for my plotter i use a piece of 2 mil and a loupe.

weeding - after cutting and before weeding apply the app tape.. turn graphic over, remove unwanted matrix off of app tape. (this is similar to weeding tshirt vinyls)

S'N'S

Use a finer pointed blade and cut slow, set up properly you should be able to cut that size. I insert a new blade and adjust until you can just feel the tip of the bladde when you run your finger over it. Then I use the blade holder to draw a circle on a scrap of vinyl by hand and adjust until it just cut thru the vinyl. Replace in cutter and cut some vinyl and adjust pressure until it only cuts the vinyl and leaves a faint mark in backing paper. Also the blade holder on the gx quite often gets a build up of tiny little bits of vinyl and needs to be cleaned and the bearing lubed.

Hey hollywoodhd,

Other contributors (above) are correct and we concur with their suggestions. However, if you struggle with producing quality cuts, we can continue this troubleshooting session by having you submit an "official" Roland support request by completing our form here: Product Support Form | Roland.

We look forward to helping you if the issue continues. If the problem's been resolved, please post confirmation and what you did to fix the issue.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

hollywoodhd

A work in progress!
Hey hollywoodhd,

Other contributors (above) are correct and we concur with their suggestions. However, if you struggle with producing quality cuts, we can continue this troubleshooting session by having you submit an "official" Roland support request by completing our form here: Product Support Form | Roland.

We look forward to helping you if the issue continues. If the problem's been resolved, please post confirmation and what you did to fix the issue.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

I will submit an official request

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk