• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems Installing CS3 Design Premium

BSR8385

I had an unknown error in illustrator and it told me the only way to fix it is to uninstall everything for CS3 Design Premium and reinstall. So I uninstalled the whole thing and now im trying to reinstall and it takes like 30-45 mins to install and then the summary comes up and says that it can't install any of the programs. I even turned off my firewalls thinking that was the problem and it didn't seem to fix it. Im installing it on a PC with Vista. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanks,
Brandon

Last edited:

BSR8385

I figured it out. I had to download and run a CS3clean file from the Adobe support website. Just thought other people would like to know incase this happens to them.
Brandon

SignBurst PCs

CS3 has been rock solid on our Vista systems as well.

As long as you have a system that has a little horsepower, Vista has been hassle-free so far (18 months).

digitalgraffiti

Well Vista must be problems taking into consideration that Microsoft is now abandoning it for Windows 7 due for release next year.

Horsepower has nothing to do with it, Vista sucks. Glad you aren't having problems though.

SignBurst PCs

Abandonding it? Gates announced that they are trying to get back on a 3 year schedule of new OSs. Vista was released in early 2007, so that would put it's replacement out in early 2010. I don't see any sign of abandonment.

What part of Vista sucks? To me, it seems very much like XP with a few new things that I really like. I love DreamScene (movie based desktop), full computer backup (image based backup that you can even be restored back to different computer/hardware, easier and more customizable navigation, more secure browser (IE7 is much more secure in Vista than it IE7 is in XP), build in DVD decoder (you can watch movies without DVD software and can burn to DVD without additional software), more robust email client (more like Outlook than Outlook Express ever was, even a built in scheduling calendar), and a ton more.

The problem I see is not with Vista, but with the software companies who didn't update their software and drivers fast enough. Software companies were given YEARS to update their software before the final versionof Vista was released.

Also, Vista doesn't run well on a "budget" computer. It has soooo many features that it will bog down an ill equipped computer. Do you think that Windows 7 will be any different? Personally, I have never been a fan of the "bottom shelf" PC. I wish that they would stop selling them. It would make everyone's life easier. Dell, HP, Compaq (HP), etc., all know that Vista sucks on cheap hardware, but they have to keep selling it. We (as a system builder) have to do a lot of testing an different hardware. I have seen very little instability or problems (almost zero) with systems built with a modern processor (CoreDuo, Core2Duo, Xeon, Athlon, AthlonX2), a decent amount of RAM (at least 2GB), and a run of the mill hard drive. It is when you start to skimp on RAM and throw in a Celeron processor that Vista really starts to bog and SUCK.

Just my 2 cents.

SignBurst PCs

Well Vista must be problems taking into consideration that Microsoft is now abandoning it for Windows 7 due for release next year.

Horsepower has nothing to do with it, Vista sucks. Glad you aren't having problems though.

I think that you might have misread something somewhere (or I did). I believe that Gates said something about a new OS being available in the next year. He didn't exactly say "desktop" OS, only OS. To me, that could be Windows 7, a new Mobile OS, a second realease of Vista (like they do with their server products), etc. And when was the last time he was acurate when spouting out release dates? I think Vista was a almost two years behind it's initial release date.

digitalgraffiti

First of all I don't use budget equipment with cheap hardware. My Vista machines are Core 2 Duo with E8200 w/2.66 GHz with 4 gb memory and QX6850 3.67GHz with 8 GB memory and fast drives, and different manufactuerers. I keep all games and crap off the machine and are strictly for production use. Both machines have been have basically had all the same issues. Having programs like DreamScene installed are a waste of my time.

A lot of people say that they have no problems with Vista, but my experience is the same with many other who have the problems. I am happy for those who say they do not have problems

Besides all the "Security features" that are a pain in the butt, networking is a joke and are constantly disconnecting from my 2 XP machines (even though my XP machines can still communicate)

Trying to install and Uninstall is a joke because it says I do not have administrator rights even though I am logged in as Administrator and have tried all possible ways to install (straight install, Safe mode, turning off everything....).

Sorry but I know enough about computers to know when an operating system is causing the problems and as you see from the many other post here that Vista is causing problems for many users. I personally know of multiple large firms that have either refused to use it or have reverted back to XP. Tells you something.