• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems printing after power outage

KGraphics

Hey everyone;

I have a Roland VS-540i printer and mid-print yesterday we had a power outage due to a storm. Computer is fine, printer seems OK, except the colors are printing extremely faded, like they aren't getting enough ink saturation. I feel like I've tried most simple troubleshooting options, just checking to see if anyone else has ever had this happen

petepaz

maybe stupid question but did you shut everything down and unplug it then restart everything ?
we had a storm here the other day in NJ and had an issue with our roland and the computer communicating restarted, checked verification, checked the wires so finally i shut everything down, unplugged it then restarted everything. once i did that it was fine

KGraphics

maybe stupid question but did you shut everything down and unplug it then restart everything ?
we had a storm here the other day in NJ and had an issue with our roland and the computer communicating restarted, checked verification, checked the wires so finally i shut everything down, unplugged it then restarted everything. once i did that it was fine
I did, but it may be worth trying again!

AKwrapguy

So the Roland has Pizo heads, these can be sensitive to electrical issues. There could be a variety of issues due to the possible power fluctuating. Definitely get a tech in there to take a look.

garyroy

We definitely have APC power backups on our Roland printers.
We don't expect them to run the machines in a power outage, but we use them as heavy-duty electrical surge protectors.
Nothing fancy, I think they were about $200 or $250 each.
We also have them on the computers just to provide some peace of mind. We get some pretty strong storms on North GA, and a machine can be
affected even if it's turned off. Would it have helped in your circumstance? I would think so.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
I had a surge come through the fios line ( they use a webbed pull strap with a wire in it for easy locating ) surge jumped the pole after a lighting strike to the pull strap to the ONT then to the cat 5 line to the router to my computer to my FX - $26,000 in damage lucky for me I just had to pay $500. verizon fixed their stuff for free and grounded the stupid strap - everything is on a UPS but I didn't have the cat 5 line plugged in ( now it is !) dumb mistakes from from both of us