• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems w/software

geb

I am running e6.0 and windows XP, and have noticed some problems on occasion while working in signlab. I will get a run time error message frequently, and it usually causes my program to end losing the job I'm currently working on.

Today I had a serious system error, on a blue screen, it said, causing me to shut down the system all together. When I booted up everything was alright. Only problem was trying to apply a weed border to welded objects all day, I would get a yellow and blue line shooting accross the plot screen after selecting the color to plot and applying the border button, then the program would end. I could plot with no weed border okay.

I'm not the greatest when it comes to computer knowledge, wondering if anyone has had these problems or suggestions what may be happening. Thanks.

George

Bob Gilliland

George,

Probably not the case, but lets knock out the simplest of things first. Is the dongle properly seen by SignLab?

From the Help drop down, select About SignLab. The resulting dialog box should list a “serial” number towards the bottom. This number should be a series of ten digits, a comma, another ten digits, comma, and then a zero. If there is no zero present after the last comma, then the dongle is not being seen correctly.

Again, probably not the problem, but an easy one to identify.

Additional questions relative to the “frequent” run time error (not the major crash or plotting issue):

Has it always been behaving this way since installed on the Win XP machine?

What version and build of SL is being run?

XP Home or Pro? Any service packs installed?

All other programs behaving properly beside SL, or is there other “flakiness”?

Do you mind providing your dongle number either here on the board or via a PM? (Don’t believe this to be your situation George, but I don’t want to see anyone with a bootleg or pirated version get any assistance, especially with my involvement. Again, really don’t believe that to be the case but do want to show consistency across all boards I may participate at.)

geb

Hi Bob, I am running XP Professional version 2002, service pack 1. As far as signlab, I am using version 6.0, revision 1. I'll PM the dongle # to you. I have had the problem since I upgraded computers and loaded e6 from version 5. Usually just the runtime error message, but have noticed it affects the Roland Camm1 from time to time, when its on the power light flashes when I have a problem with the runtime message, and it has mentioned something about driver conflicts I recently installed, but don't remember installing any. I have the proper driver listed for the roland, and also notice the cadlink fastboard and HGPL Standard(absolute) drivers are also checked, as they were with signlab 5. I also dowloaded the update patch from cadlink's site, update 6.0, a couple weeks ago, but maybe should have updated the 6.1 also. I haven't noticed any problems with any other software, I use Corel Draw, but not to the extent I use signlab.

Thanks for your help Bob.

George

Hubert Furey

Ensure that you update to the latest build for your particular version of SignLab. For e6.0, the latest build available is build 13. For information on how to upgrade to the latest build, see the Tech Note "How To Patch SignLab e6" from the Cadlink Knowledge Base.

Hubert Furey
Cadlink Technical Support
Cadlink Technology

geb

Thanks Hubert, I have seen you on other forums and thank you and Bob for taking the time to help signlab users. Bob has been a big help here with his knowledge of signlab in the past.

I take it the patch is the second one listed under e6 in the download patch section. I wasn't sure whether to download the two patches, so I downloaded the first patch for e6.0. When I get home I will check the tech notes and download the patch, thanks again.

George

geb

I haven't been able to download the patch from the website. Everytime I try, start/program/update wizard/press button to download file, I get a message saying could not connect to the server. I had the cadlink website and download section online at the time. I know I've saved the patch, and I think I followed the tech notes properly, but somewhere I am not making the patch work.

The problem still happens, but I try to save files while working on them. Also notice another problem when the program stops working is with overlayed welded graphics when I go to cut them, I apply the border button and get all these lines shooting on the screen, then the program is non responsive. The solution here is no weed border, and it works fine.

I know I'll get it figured out with the proper patch, and the program works great other than that.

Thanks Bob.

George

Hubert Furey

George,

Close down Signlab and ensure that you save the e6 patch into the C:\Cadlink\Signlab e6 folder. You will be asked to overwrite the exisiting file, Choose Yes.

Now try patching again. Start > Programs > Signlab e6 > Update Signlab.
Choose the Cadlink Web-site option, click Next.
Click on the Download button. The update wizard will now determine which files you need and download them. If you are on dial-up, this process could take up to 30 or 45 minutes. Please be patient and wait.

Your Finish button will be greyed out throughout this process. When it is finished downloading, the Finish button will be black again. Press the Finish button to complete the patching.

If this does not work, please post.

geb

OK, I'll try that when I get home. I take it I download the patch from the website, save in signlabe6 folder, seems like I have patches there already, but have not been asked to overwrite existing file. This is probably where I'm making my mistake. Thanks again, I'll post results tonight.

George

geb

I found out the access was denied in my firewall, not allowing access to the internet. When I pressed download before, I would get a connection to the server could not be established. So I granted access, and have the following problem.

I have installed the e6 patch, and did the start/programs, etc., and I get to the point where the update wizard is checking the website, then after ten seconds claims file is not found. When I go to download, there is no file name in the white box, I assume the website is going to add that while its checking the website.

Any ideas to try? Thanks.

George

Hubert Furey

George,

There will be nothing to download if you are already on the latest version and build.

In SignLab, go to Help > About Signlab. Check your version and revision numbers.

If you are using Signlab e6.0, then also press 'r' on your keyboard while the About dialog is open. Also find out what your build number is.

As of today, the latest e6.0 is build 13. The latest e6.1 is revision 17. Please post your version, revision and build numbers.

geb

Just wanted to say thanks to Hubert from Cadlink for his help in getting my software problems straightened around. Everytime I have had a problem in the past Cadlinks tech support has always helped, and Hubert was a big help this time.

Also thanks to Bob G. I know he's a busy guy, but has always taken the time to help me through any issues I've had with not knowing my software or to solve a problem.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it, glad you guys stop in here to help out Signlab users.

George