• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with a CJ 500 "Motor Error"

Headhunterx

Has anyone had this kind of problem before? It starts up fine then when I setup the kind of media it goes across to measure fine but when it starts coming back it stops suddenly and sounds like it hit something (rubbing sound) and then it gives me a motor error , but when I try to move the head everything seems fine and I don't feel any obstruction and I can push the cutter back with no problem. I have even pushed it back and forth with no feel of resistance and I have even took the covers off and checked to make sure nothing is rubbing or catching and everything seems to be ok. I have managed to get it to go across a few times and print but as soon as it starts to cut around the image it stops with this error again. When the cutter and print head disengage the cutter slings the print head over to the capping station but the printhead does not lock in place and then the error nessage comes up and it quits. I have tried to push the printhead back in place but it will not stay over the capping station. Can someone help me with this?

Thank You,
Richard

Replicator

I have never experienced anything like that with my CJ-500,

but I will be very curious to hear if anyone has had this problem

and how they handled it . . . !