• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with cutting on Graphtec FC9000

naminexnobody

Sorry for reposting but I’m not sure if I posted my previous one in the right area so I’ll try posting it again here…

Hello everyone!
I have frequented this forum for sometime as a non-member but I have run into some problems with one of my graphtec FC9000 plotters at work and figured it was time I joined so I can get in here. I have been printing here for roughly 6 months and have minimal experience with our machines before this but have had overall pretty good luck with solving issues with our machines as they arise.

Recently the printer has been cutting into and out of the cut lines of the artwork where the blade stops to leave tabs as it is cutting. I have never run into this before but I feel like I should add that it is also on the oldest cutter in our shop.

I have done some general tests to try to correct this but nothing has worked. Things like changing the blade, changing the blade holder with a new blade, messed with the belt tension a bit and all of the cut settings are the same on my other 3 cutters and those are doing great. I have tried looking through the manual and doing a search online and here and cannot find what the problem could be and I fear it is such a simple fix I’ll feel silly.

So please! Any and all advice I’m open too and welcome! Thanks!

I’ve attached photos to show the problem!

Attachments

• 039DD2B1-FDEA-4EC4-85B8-94B4E0C12DC9.jpeg
    039DD2B1-FDEA-4EC4-85B8-94B4E0C12DC9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
  • FECEE2AB-CF1C-4644-ADF1-7B881A80C5ED.jpeg
    FECEE2AB-CF1C-4644-ADF1-7B881A80C5ED.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85

naminexnobody

What software are you cutting from? Are you cutting in the trough or on the strip?
We use versa works! files are set up in illustrator and exported as pdfs then I load them in there. this is how our strip looks. Don’t know the correct terminology but I would say that is cutting into the trough because of the blade holder placement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

BigNate

something is binding your blade - completely clean the blade holder and make sure the blade can free swivel - on our other thread I gave some other thoughts. I have had this a few times from different causes. (and make sure for thru-cuts the blade in in the toward you hole so the blade goes in the trough..)