• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with cutting vinyl . . .

Replicator

I'm having issues lately cutting vinyl on my Roland CX-300.

It seems to have started after I cut some of AirArtGirl's Thermo-Flex vinyl on the machine.

I have changed both the blade carriage and the blade and still I get stepped cuts as seen (badly) in the pictures attached.

I'm have to go over certain lines with an exacto blade to cut the staggered lines, and it always seems to be on long straight lines in either direction.

Any help or past experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• user5156_pic3042_1363463515.jpg
    user5156_pic3042_1363463515.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 168
  • user5156_pic3043_1363463515.jpg
    user5156_pic3043_1363463515.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by a moderator:

Replicator

A couple of AAG's machines cut the same way and all she cuts is Therm-flex and other garment vinyl's . . .

The cutting strip is NEW as well !!!!!

Replicator

Here's a better example of the vinyl cut lines before weeding . . .

Attachments

• user5156_pic3044_1363465867.jpg
    user5156_pic3044_1363465867.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 148
Last edited by a moderator:

OldPaint

i would check the power to the solinoid on the blade. looks like its on/off power and its a set pattern. loose wire, check the strip that connects the cutting head to the main plotter.
you have to remove the top to see that.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Are you sure you didn't accidentally turn on perf cut????

Edited: forgot -that's cutting master on the graphtec. But I swear that's what it looks like!

SignosaurusRex

A bizarre one for sure Rep. Only happening on looooong straight lines in either direction. Hmmmm. I can't imagine it being a solenoid going bad...but anything is possible.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't see any photos here. Did I get banned from that or sumpin'???

I feel so left out

I'm having the same problem. I can see other photos just not the ones in this post.

This has been reported before and it has something undetermined wrong in some browser with showing images that are linked from the poster's profile albums. There's nothing wrong with the images.

I have replaced the images by uploading them directly to each post.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The problem with the images not appearing is that the OP had uploaded them to a profile album he had setup as "private" and then linked them to his posts. As a result, the only members that could see them were those who are on his Buddy List.

Mosh

Slow the speed down a bit, I have the same issue on smaller copy/logos. Once you get the speed and downforce right that stuff should cut like a dream, and weed good too, the backing is sticky so if you pull something up it is easy to stick back down.
Termoflex is hard to cut small stuff, not sure how big you are going, anything under 3/4" is a PITA, but do-able..just not 50 times you will pull your hair out.

Border

The problem with the images not appearing is that the OP had uploaded them to a profile album he had setup as "private" and then linked them to his posts. As a result, the only members that could see them were those who are on his Buddy List.

Well that explains it. I know Marc can't stand me!