• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with my Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 46"

wallacemm

The start to my problems... when I load media, restart the machine or anything in general, the media feeds about 4' of material, then goes back through and out the back of the rollers.

When I force the material to be in the correct place, the machine reads "Plot OK", but will not cut, test heads or anything else. I sent a file over to print and it acted like it was working fine, however, no ink was coming out at all.

The night before this I had printed several projects perfectly. The only thing that I can think of is that the electric went out over night and the machine was still on.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am afraid it's going to be a motherboard issue. If that's the case, does anyone have suggestions on the best place to purchase a motherboard?

Bradster941

This will sound funny, but while turned on, un plug it from the wall. Let stand 5 minutes, push all the buttons on the key pad, then plug it back in.
(this is a known Quirk with the Falcon).

As far as feeding out 4 ft. of media, it sounds like you have it set to "Sheet" instead of "Roll"..

wallacemm

Bradster, you're a life saver.

When it did all those things, yes, it set it to paper, but I couldn't change it until I did the reset.