• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problems with roland sc 540

when printing im getting a halo of other colour at the side of each digit, not long ago i had a major screw up with the machine we tried bulk ink this leaked from one of the heads onto the board which in turn blew the head board and the main board i replaced the onboard fuse but i had lost group b (yellow and light magenta) we replaced the boards but not the head which then blew the new board, fortunetly i managed to get a circuit diagram for the head board from Roland in Japan (they also had encounted problems with problem boards blowing i replaced 2 ic's and a mosfet believe it or not it worked i also replaced the head which had caused all the issues, my problem is that the 2 heads yellow and light magenta now appear to be printing slightly outside of the printable area hench the halo, i've adjusted the bidirection print set up but i know need to manually adjust the head i was hoping in the manual it would give more indepth detail on how to do this? hope you haven't fallen asleep whilst reading this many thanks for any help john :brittain:

slangsc

As long as the nozzle check is good, then yes, you likely need to do a full head alignment first, and then a bi-dir calibration. Any time the heads are removed from the printer, the alignment needs to be done.

If your nozzle check is not good, then it could be any number of issues.