• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Seal 62 Ultra S

SC_GIS

We have a Seal 62 Ultra S laminator which we bought new and have been using on a regular basis for the last 20 some years. Lately it has begun to produce wrinkles, bubbles, and silvering when we do encapsulated laminations. These usually appear one the control side of the laminator. We can get a smooth start to the laminate, but when we run the paper throught it starts to bubble and silver and continues after the paper has run through. The only way to clear it up is to reload the laminate.

We have had a tech over to look at it (no help), and have replaced the gears and chain drive, checked to see if it is level, and did a thorough cleaning and overhaul on it.

Does anyone have a service manual, or any instructions on how to check if the rollers are square with each other and how to adjust them? I'm thinking maybe the rollers have become skewed and are dragging the laminate sideways.

Barring that, the rollers may have a warp or bend to them. Is there someone who sells replacement rollers, or can true up the drive and heating rollers?