• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Processor Question

3dsignco

Ok we had a Board Fry on one of my Computers so I going to build a New system and rebuild an older one.
My Question.

I have 2 processors. One is a 2.8mghz Pentium D Dual Core
the other is a Core2 Duo 2.2. is the Duo still a more powerful possessor at 2.2 then the D at 2.8 .

The overhauled machine will run our Router and I will retire the 10 year old K6 4-100 DOS machine. I will Miss DOS. Stable stable stable.

Sounds like one of those Math questions from High School.

SignBurst PCs

I would put the Core2Duo in the system that is likely to have more applications running at the same time (multitasking).

Even thought the clock speed is lower, you are likely to get better results that way. You are likely to have a larger cache on the Core2Duo as well.

choucove

The Core2Duo architecture is much superior to the Pentium D dual-core processor, which has been compared to two Pentium D processors just glued to one another. The Core2Duo is a more intensive, stronger processor as Casey mentioned above. Even with a slower clock speed you will probably notice it performs better at multitasking work and on systems where software is better designed for multithreading.