• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

product templates for a new business

soloinstaller

Hello everybody,

I'm currently making physical product templates for window graphics on some glass sheets that I have lying around. I want to use these to showcase to potential clients as I don't have an existing portfolio, well I do but it's a very small portfolio of some basic cut vinyl commercial logos/lettering I did for some vehicles. For example I wanted to show digital print perf vinyl and frosted film on these glass templates, and do some graphic mockups of customers storefronts to aid me in getting the sale. What do u guys think?

binki

How big or heavy are these? That would be my concern. Also breaking if you drop them. Maybe put then on a clear plastic or on a coro?

soloinstaller

How big or heavy are these? That would be my concern. Also breaking if you drop them. Maybe put then on a clear plastic or on a coro?
hi binki, the big sheet is 2' x 3' which i wanted to use for the perf and the smaller ones are 1' x 2'. they're not too heavy, pretty light actually

was definitely thinking plastic too as an alternative, gonna also get some coro

Stacey K

I like making signs
I agree with binki...could you maybe use an old window instead or create a wood frame for your glass sheets? It might be a bit safer than just a sheet of glass. However, I think it's a very good idea to have a sample of window perf especially showing the difference between 50/50 and 70/30.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
If you want samples. We use 300mm x 300mm toughened / tempered low iron glass. (we use low iron as we print on it)
this way it's small enough to keep in a box in your car etc.

No point carrying around a massive sheet of glass.

Or use acrylic.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would just have some acrylic cut for these. Get a sheet of clear acrylic into something like 2x2' pieces and apply the variety of vinyl to each. Some 1st vs 2nd surface vinyl, frosted crystal, perf, etc.
We have a lot of different signage throughout our shop to try to illustrate to customers ideas when they come in with no idea exactly what they're looking for or we are talking about.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Once you have more jobs I get 8x10 photos and I made a tower out of foam board and it’s 4 sided, I put all the photos on it that way I can move it around and my walls aren’t all junked up with vehicle and sign photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tulsagraphics

If you want samples. We use 300mm x 300mm toughened / tempered low iron glass. (we use low iron as we print on it)
this way it's small enough to keep in a box in your car etc.

No point carrying around a massive sheet of glass.

Or use acrylic.
Ah yes... low iron glass. Nice stuff (I use it for glass whiteboards). I got free 12" x 12" samples by contacting my local glass company (they had it drop-shipped from the mgfr).

GC Decor

Super Printer
I would avoid Glass and go with plastic. If it’s normal glass, it breaks easy and can be a hazard to your customer if chipped or cracked.

Plexi Glass might be a good option for this, cheap in price and strong enough to be handled. Easy to cut too.

Check your dealers and see if they have any large sample setups. A few of the dealers we work with have full displays you can purchase and they are free if you spend enough each year. You can also email the manufacturer and see what they offer.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Hello everybody,

I'm currently making physical product templates for window graphics on some glass sheets that I have lying around. I want to use these to showcase to potential clients as I don't have an existing portfolio, well I do but it's a very small portfolio of some basic cut vinyl commercial logos/lettering I did for some vehicles. For example I wanted to show digital print perf vinyl and frosted film on these glass templates, and do some graphic mockups of customers storefronts to aid me in getting the sale. What do u guys think?

I think that's a great idea, and something I've always wanted to do to help customers visualize how certain materials look on glass.

Let me know if you change your mind about using glass and want us to cut some acrylic pieces for you, we've got tons lying around that we need to get rid of!

soloinstaller

I think that's a great idea, and something I've always wanted to do to help customers visualize how certain materials look on glass.

Let me know if you change your mind about using glass and want us to cut some acrylic pieces for you, we've got tons lying around that we need to get rid of!
hey that'd be great! I grabbed a few small 8x10" sheets from Lowes the other day but needing to get some more. what's a good time to call you? don't wanna intrude during a busy time!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
hey that'd be great! I grabbed a few small 8x10" sheets from Lowes the other day but needing to get some more. what's a good time to call you? don't wanna intrude during a busy time!
Sorry just saw this. I'll be in the shop all morning today if you'd like to give me a call.