• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Production Manager Time out

captainron19

Havent added or changed anything to computer but today when i go to cut from Flexi I get a dialog box titled "pre prod" appear telling me "Connection to Production Manager timed out"

Anyone ever experience this or know what may be wrong?

signguy 55

This happens to me about once every 3 months.

On my computer I go to programs installed / Flexi program. Should be a flyout option for "clear preferences". Click on that and Flexi wipes everything as far as how you set up toolbars, preferences, etc.

After about 10 minutes of getting back to the way you had it you should be back in business.

Wish I knew what Flexi sees that makes it do that. First time it happened to me I lost about 4 hrs of my day trying to figure it out.

RKStone

I can't answer your question but I have one. RKStone
We have a Graphtec FC7000-100 that we purchased in May of 2012. We have a Windows 7 professional system with Windows XP mode. This plotter and system has been working great since May. However last week I printed a picture from Corel 15 and since I switched everything back to the plotter all I get is computer stuff printing, little letters, numbers, etc. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restored both sides the 7 professional and the xp mode back before the problem but all I get is computer language. I do all my plotting and cutting from Flexi 8.1. HELP!!! Thank you!

J Hill Designs

We have a Graphtec FC7000-100 that we purchased in May of 2012. We have a Windows 7 professional system with Windows XP mode. This plotter and system has been working great since May. However last week I printed a picture from Corel 15 and since I switched everything back to the plotter all I get is computer stuff printing, little letters, numbers, etc. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restored both sides the 7 professional and the xp mode back before the problem but all I get is computer language. I do all my plotting and cutting from Flexi 8.1. HELP!!! Thank you!

might be better to start your own thread than :thread: someone elses? maybe?

captainron19

Well I got it going.... the only thing I remember I did different to computer was turn firewall on ..... I know the firewall and MS Security Essentials caused problems with my cute PDF writer.

I turned firewall off and attempted to re-connect to production manager and still timed out.... did a restart of computer and then it worked.

CS-SignSupply

Your cutter is in the wrong machine code language - in the menu, find COMMAND and chage from GPGL to HPGL