• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Production Manager won't setup correctly

regulator

I am trying to run FlexiSIGN 7.5v5 on another computer I built but Production Manager won't allow me to select any plotters when I first run it. Flexisign itself runs perfectly but I can't plot anything I design out because I am not able to select any sort of machine inside production manager. I have been using flexisign for many months now on my first computer, but I recently bought another one for my shop. Both are on Windows XP sp2. Basically I have no options to choose from when I try to "add setup" within production manager on my new computer, every catagory is blank. Why is this happening? I have my windows updated on both computers. Please lend me some guidance because I am out of ideas. Thank you.

gcljlamb

I'm with Jayhawk. They tell me the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, so...I'm asking. Did you install your profiles? You mentioned something that sounded like you didn't have any choices come up when you tried to select a plotter; that would usually indicate the driver or profile wasn't installed yet.

Hope this helps,

George

nxtremesign

Are you trying to run flexi on two computers with one key or do you have two keys?
if you only have one key I don't beleve it will work. We have two programs (2 design & 1 computer Production, two keys ) and access through the network, And like Dennis said "Check that firewall"

regulator

I installed all the ICC profiles but those are only for colors I believe. It doesn't give me any option on selecting printer devices while installing but I took a look at the folders inside Flexisign and I do have an "Output Drivers" folder with many different types of .CSM and .DLL files for every type of plotter/printer. I have a graphtec CE 3000-60 plotter and there is a graphtec driver inside the folder too along with every other brand. I compared the install folders on both my computers (the one that works, with the one that doesn't) and both have identical amount of files and file sizes. So as you can see there is no logical reason why my PM doesn't see these driver files when it's asking me to setup a plotter. I am begginging to believe it's some sort of BIOS issue for my motherboard or something because the issue can't really be software related.... I even copy and pasted the install folder from my computer that works fine with the computer that doesn't let me setup and it still doesn't let me select a printer. But by doing that the PM has a graphtec plotter set in it but it wont let me print anything and it says "port is busy" or something like that. Should I try a BIOS update? Also I have tried turning off the firewall in windows but it didn't help.

gcljlamb

Regulator,

I don't think you're dealing with a BIOS issue. Ultimately, for whatever reason the software isn't seeing the driver/profile for your printer. I'm curious if we're looking in the wrong direction. Did you follow all the instructions for your printer software installation when you got it? Did you go to the website for that printer and make sure you had the most updated fixes and or software updates/new drivers for it?
Once you've done those things, and if you still have no luck, look to make sure the path is correct for where the sign software is supposed to look for the driver. Go to the drivers folder within the sign software folder and make sure it's in there. I apologize for how simple this sounds, but if the software isn't seeing the driver, the driver's not in the place it's being looked for/or it hasn't been installed.

I'm saying all of this because I've ran into this before. It wound up being a misdirected location. I traced from the file I was looking for backwards to the place I was starting and the "link" wasn't going the right direction. So, just like checking addition with subtraction, double-check your folders and paths.

Good Luck,

George

flexiezine

I would recommed uninstalling on the suspect pc and reboot... then reinstall using a Default installation, (make NO changes to file pathes or the such). Once installed, reboot and try to run Flexi...

Are you trying to set up a cutter or printer? Regardless of which one, when you are prompted to Setup the device, make sure you have selected the appropriate class of drivers at the bottom: Vinyl Cutters | Hybrid Devices | Printers.

Not to say you are doing so but I have seen and heard of similar issues when tyring to run an illegal or cracked copy of Flexi.

Firewall software could be the cause of you issue as stated in other posts... Try this, go to EDIT and Preferences, click on the TOOL tab and scroll to Cut/Plot of the left side... Uncheck 'Connect using TCP/IP' and hit OK. Close Flexi and restart.

Hope some of this makes sense or helps.