• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Professional advise please

signsny

Custom Sign Fabricators NYC
We are a sign company and interested in a printer.
We are thinking to buy a Mimaki JV 33 or a Seiko V-64.

If someone can please let us know which one is better or any other recomendation.

Thanks
Tahir

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What have you found on your own so far ??

No sense getting lots of information if its only repeating what your current research has already shown.

Otherwise it's just gonna be personal likes and dislikes which won't do a thing for you or your pocketbook.

Dice

We have a Jv33 and love it. It's a work horse. Lots of people on here have the JV3 and Jv33 is a great upgrade from the Jv3. It does awesome color. Very bright with ss21 inks. Capable of 1440 x 1440 resolution if you need it. JV33 CANNOT print lower resolution than 540x720.

I've not heard anyone really talk about the Seiko printers on here, especially the V-64. from looking at the specs it looks pretty comparable. Looks about the same speed.

I can tell you we'll be looking very hard at a Seiko H-74s or H-104s for our next printer.

Depends on what your printing.