• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Professional Stress Reduction... reduce, reinvent, retreat?

Speedsterbeast

Great insight here. It really makes me evaluate my direction.

I don't think that downsizing is retreating or admitting failure, but is simply adjusting to the current market, which makes great business sense.

I drive a 1997 Honda CRV (with a trailer when needed)
My shop is my home and garage. As I build my business I plan to keep a sharp eye on my goals, which is to make a living and enjoy what I am doing. That is it. I would love to have a large shop and a brand new Ridgeline, but I don't NEED them.
I'm sure that the stresses of a slow economy would be multiplied if I had employees who depended on me for a living too, so I certainly can't speak on that subject, as I am a one man operation. But an important question, which is harder to answer for most people than they think, is what do you want and what do you need? I like the OP's attitude of "it will come to me" as it certainly will

One thing I think that is important not to forget is that if the stress of slowing business starts getting to you (making you lose sleep etc.) it may be time to take a look at all you have
Remember- if you own a refrigerator and there is food in it, congratulations, you are already wealthier than 80% of the planet!

CES020

dabble... what like hold hands with people for money?

I think it's more something like this plate I took a photo of this morning while on the way to work, while sitting at a stop light. I have no idea how they made it past the screeners, but none the less, they did!

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 42