• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile for Perf Window film??

Designer85

I just got some Solvex perf window film and couldn't find a profile on my SP300 that matched. I did a test print using one of the profiles, but even though the ink looks and feels pretty much dry some of it comes off when you brush your finger over it.

Does anyone know the best settings for this type of media? Thanks!

GK

Don't care for Solvex's perf, but for perf in general we ended up profiling our own because of the same problem you mentioned. When we used other profiles for it then the colors looked washed out. Profiling our own solved it.

Designer85

I've never made my own profile before. Would your profile work for me? If so, can you send me the settings?

Or, if I have to figure out the best settings for my printer, what steps should I take in order to do this? Thank you!

Designer85

Can someone help me out ASAP? I'm supposed to install this stuff tomorrow and still haven't printed it out.

KR3signguy

sounds like the media might be faulty, uh maybe???????
or you just need to bump up your ink density,
hopefully you can with that machine.
don't brush it with your hand, just clearcoat it and get it done.

MobileImpact

don't have a Roland, But on our Mimaki we use the Oracal 3951 prifle and it prints great! You do have to let it set for a few minutes. The ink that goes through the holes is just sitting on the liner, while the stuff thats on the vinyl has dried.

KR3signguy

I generally use the same profile & ink density for perf "solvex & or varied other brands" as I do my wrap material. This makes me wonder if that roll is garbage.

Designer85

After it air dried for a while it seemed to adhere better. I used a profile for translucent white film since I didn't know what profile to use. I'll try what you guys recommended.

It's being installed in the top 3 panels of a store window above the door so it will be out of reach from everyone except Yao Ming:)