• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile Software

S

Sign-Man Signs

Is there a program available were you can create your own profiles? Just wondering.

ChiknNutz

I have the EyeOne Proof (which is both the spectrophotometer and related software) and Wasatch SoftRip. This is all I need to make profiles. I think even the bundled Versaworks allows you to make profiles with it. However, I don't know about the software that comes with the Mutoh products.

GK

the tools for profiling are not cheap, but keeping consistent color is well...priceless.

GretagMacbeth Eye-One Proof - $1,495.00 U.S. (thats list price)

ChiknNutz

I got my EyeOne for just under $1200 brand new off of ebay. Beyond that, you also need te get training to learn HOW to profile. Some things you can learn on your own, but you're SO much better off getting training.

GK

without a doubt, theres so much more to it then just winging it. lots of stuff you can learn even in a few hours with a trained person. Gamut mapping, color arrangement, color space consistency, color syncing, color management across multiple devices (digital cameras, scanners, printers, monitors), delta e values....i can sit here and list stuff all day but until you get hands on training with a trained tech... I'm just babbling.

Rod

Media profiling in SignLab

Sign-Man Signs said:
Is there a program available were you can create your own profiles? Just wondering.
I see you are Flexi user, so don't take this as a jibe or such. I merely wish to mention for SignLab 7.1 Print and Cut users that they have access to Calibration Wizards for making custom media profiles. The system is considered to quite easy because the wizard system walks you through the various steps of printing and evaluating charts. The user feedback on this is positive.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

S

Sign-Man Signs

I see you are Flexi user, so don't take this as a jibe or such. I merely wish to mention for SignLab 7.1 Print and Cut users that they have access to Calibration Wizards for making custom media profiles. The system is considered to quite easy because the wizard system walks you through the various steps of printing and evaluating charts. The user feedback on this is positive.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

Thanks Rod. I'm just out of my league when it comes to profiles inbeddded or creating. No problem and thanks for the input.
:thankyou: