• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiles in Versawerks lead to grainy print

denisbaldwin

I've been having all kinds of problems using Versawerks to print some decals. The newest issue is in the quality of the print.

We're using Versawerks 4.0 currently. I've tried every profile available, on both normal and high quality, and the images always end up with halftone issues. One part of the image has a smooth transition from grey to white on a t-shirt. On the photoshop file (CMYK, 600dpi), it looks great. When it prints on one of our color lasers, it prints great. As soon as we print on our Roland, it comes out looking like an oldschool comic book.

I notice that halftones are greyed out and can't be changed in the print menu, even when I use the Generic Vinyl options. Is there any way to change this option? or is there something else I'm not doing right?

Denis

airborneassault

when you say halftones are greyed out i assume you're talking about in versaworks? If so are you getting to the options by double clicking your job or by clicking the que a (or b) folder at the top? This may make a difference, I know you can convert spot colors on a job before it's loaded but not after. I know thats confusing let me know if you need clarification.

-Nate

denisbaldwin

Hey Nate,

I think I do need more clarification. I've tried opening it in both Queue A and Queue B and I'm getting the same screen. Maybe I'm importing these wrong? Here's a screenshot:

4577635855_92ff8fe1f1_o.jpg

Any ideas?

Denis

airborneassault

hmm I was mistaken I wasn't able to change mine either. Do you know what your heat/dry settings were at? Also what material are you printing on?

jasonx

Is your printer setup properlly? Head alignment? Bi directional settings? Feed settings?

denisbaldwin

I ended up having a long conversation over many calls and emails to Roland. Apparently, my printer is too old to get the most out of the Versawerks software with error diffusion. They'll be releasing a patch at some point to make it compatible, but for now I'm stuck.

DRamm76

If it's a case of the machine being too old, it may be a long shot but you may want to upgrade the firmware on the machine. This may or may not help.

I've had issues with customers who shared similar problems. Most started with an older version of Versaworks and did many updates. I had uninstalled Versaworks completely and did a fresh install from a 4.0 cd as opposed to running updates and this solved a lot of problems

dayusmc

How did they determine your printer was to old. It looks like you have a SP300v The non v model was the old one.

DRamm76

Yeah wait..that's right...The V works with Versaworks just fine..Who did you talk to at Roland?