• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profiling JV33

smlaws

I am new to solvent printing. We have a JV33-130 with Raster Link III. I also have a DPT41 UV spectrophotometer and some older profile making software, Kodak Colorflow and Profilemaker. Do I need to buy Mimaki's profiling package to build profiles for this machine. It seems that I should be able to run my charts through Raster Link with all colormanagement off and read the charts, produce the profile. Is there anyone using Raster Link III to create profiles without the mimaki profiling module? Anyone willing to help a newbie?
smlaws

ScotJ

I am new to solvent printing. We have a JV33-130 with Raster Link III. I also have a DPT41 UV spectrophotometer and some older profile making software, Kodak Colorflow and Profilemaker. Do I need to buy Mimaki's profiling package to build profiles for this machine. It seems that I should be able to run my charts through Raster Link with all colormanagement off and read the charts, produce the profile. Is there anyone using Raster Link III to create profiles without the mimaki profiling module? Anyone willing to help a newbie?
smlaws

My suggestion - drop the coin on Onyx.

If you need to wait a bit, give them a call and get a trial for 45 days. Use it, do some jobs, save some coin and get it. You can get poster shop for around $2000 if I recall.

We have the Jv33 as well and its worth EVERY penny.

You would need the profiling module from Raster Link III/ Wasatch to perform all of the steps prior to the characterization (ink limits, linearization, calibration etc.) ProfileMaker will create the ICC component only, but will not help with the rest.

Bob

Rooster

Rasterlink III will not allow you to profile.

I picked up Wasatch's softrip and have been creating my own profiles with Profiler 4.8 and a DTP41UV. The only complaint I have about color so far is that the softrip only uses a 15 step linearization strip. I get much better results when I use the 40 step patterns from profiler.

The softrip is a very nice easy to use product. I've had Onyx in the past and found it bloated and too complex for my needs. The softrip is much more like a standard pre-press rip.

bbeens

Rooster-

If you prefer a 40 step linearization chart, Softrip will allow you to use it. You will need to build the target file to print and you will need to hand enter the values from your scanning. In Softrip when selecting the Densitometer choose 'Hand Entry of Densitometry' then select 'Generic Flexible Target' and change the Number of Patches to 40 or whatever number you would like.

Bryan

smlaws

Re Profiling JV33

Thanks for all your responses. Looks like I will need to update my rip or get the mimaki profiling module. Anyone know the price on the mimaki module. Can't find anywhere through Google. I guess thats how they make up for including Raster Link III with printer.
hanks again.
smlaws

Rooster

Rooster-

If you prefer a 40 step linearization chart, Softrip will allow you to use it. You will need to build the target file to print and you will need to hand enter the values from your scanning. In Softrip when selecting the Densitometer choose 'Hand Entry of Densitometry' then select 'Generic Flexible Target' and change the Number of Patches to 40 or whatever number you would like.

Bryan

Is there a way to use the chart from Profiler? The DTP41UV doesn't allow you read individual patches. Just strips. I can export the data from profiler. Is there any way around hand entering 160 fields of data?