• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help profiling on flexi 21

signgirl71

Hi all! I haven't been on here in years and thought I would get back on now that I have started my own sign business. (just left a business I ran with my ex for years). Started up the business fine, work flowing out like crazy - then BOOM! Computer crashes, lost all my software, etc. - bought a new computer, went from windows 7 to windows 11, downloaded flexi 21 - was using flexi 8.1. Problem - my colors using the new profile are not the same as my old profiles. My main problem is the obvious - not getting a rich black. I went through the legacy part of the new flexi to bring in my old profile - it did make the black a little darker but of course its not the rich black I use to get. I have reached out to flexi - got a tech support guy that pretty much was useless and we got disconnected and never got back in touch. Yesterday I called back, such a waiting list that they took my number and my problem and someone was suppose to get in touch with me. That was 9 in the morning yesterday. Still nothing. So here goes. You got my software, but my printer - old as dirt. Its a versacamm sp300. Anyone out there have any help on either a good profile for 3551RA for a versacamm sp300 or any way to get a nice rich black out of the new flexi program? I am so backed up with work because of this I would appreciate any help!
Thanks,
Chris

natallica

Graphics Guru
If your other colors look OK, I would suggest walking through the Color Profiler in 21 and perhaps tinker with your profile a little (save a copy and mess with that, as opposed to the original), maybe go through Black Point Compensation settings, not sure how good they may have been in 8.1, but it may help.

You will need to redo the swatches with a spectro and update the profile when you're finished. Pretty sure it will make you do that, but I could be wrong.

-N8

IsItFasst

I've had problems where my blacks weren't real black if they were a CMYK black. But if the color was RGB black it worked fine. A custom profile fixed the issue so both appear rich but thought I'd chime in with my experience.

signgirl71

So I got some help finally but won't know for a few days if it will fix it as one of my printheads took a crap. Everything going at once. Ugh!