• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Protective Coating For Dibond

kmacabale

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you coat your dibond with anything after printing. I print directly on dibond using an Oce Arizona. I was wondering if there are any products I can coat it with after printing to help the UV Ink from fading over time. Would laminating it be a better option?

Bly

Laminate. Cast conforms better so you get less silvering but polymeric calendared is usually fine.

TimToad

Thanks, would this just be applied with some kind of roller after printing?

The Frog Juice comes in either aerosol or liquid form. We use the rattle cans for smaller signs and you have to do several light mist coats first, then a good flood coat.

Foam rollers don't work very well with the liquid form or the Clear Shield Production. It creates too many air bubbles. We use a Mohair type roller sleeve for that and it lays down pretty well.

equippaint

Laminate. Cast conforms better so you get less silvering but polymeric calendared is usually fine.
I thought that many laminates over uv had adhesion issues, especially full bleed prints. Have you experienced this at all?