• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proveer Price Increase

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just got a notice from Proveer - 3-5% AVERAGE across the board price increase. We've used them a lot, but lately they haven't been stocking what we need so have had to look for other vendors anyway... this won't help.

we use them alot. got our roland from them. they can be a bit of a bugger to get hold of though! we've been trying to get them on the phone today but as yet have not had any luck! the price increase was expected....i think there hurting alittle in this economy at the mo!

W

wetgravy

I liked them better when they were just Sign Supply USA. Never had any problems with them at that point ... since the merger ... nothings in stock when you need it.

JS

They are really priced to high on many items as well. Not the most knowledgeable staff. I used them a few times when they opened here in Tampa but soon stopped when I realized they were adding a $6.00 fuel surcharge to every order I had including orders I picked up. I order a $10.00 item and had to pay $16.00. I hope they enjoyed the fuel surcharge they charged me as it is the last money they will ever get from me.

AUTO-FX

We should all get used to this. I think a lot of places are on a shoestring. Advantage has been the same with the inventory ( for me anyway ), and the Proveer branch by me may go out according to some rumors I've heard. It's just tough all around.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I use the Tampa branch, JS, and when Brenda left, they didn't have anyone that knew the products like her. Then my sales guy transferred and the gal we have now doesn't know diddly about signage materials.

Gotta hand it to Dan and Diane (the ones you reach when you call) - they do their best and have definitely gone through trial by fire. But when the local branch can't get the support of corporate (in the way of keeping supplies in stock), then they are pretty well doomed to fail.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We use Proveer only as a backup. We don't deal with them on a regular basis. However, it seems this is happening to all of the suppliers. I've seen all kinds of price increases from all of them. In fact, some of my special pricing has gone up. We were locked into certain products for some really good prices and they have now told us they can no longer honor those prices.

In a slightly different direction.... has anyone noticed how your regular household items are going up in prices without you noticing it ??

The easiest one to spot..... toilet paper has gone down a 1/2 inch in width while the price stays right where it was. That means for every five rolls sold, they get a sixth one added to the profits with no additional costs except to re-set the slitters down a 1/2 inch..... remarkable.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I noticed that too Gino. Smaller packages, same price. Now we'll see price increases on the smaller packages.

Hmmm... didn't think about what the proveer increase does to our special pricing...

Kottwitz-Graphics

The easiest one to spot..... toilet paper has gone down a 1/2 inch in width while the price stays right where it was. That means for every five rolls sold, they get a sixth one added to the profits with no additional costs except to re-set the slitters down a 1/2 inch..... remarkable.

Yeah. I had a holder that just had a couple of tabs that held it in, and all of a sudden, the roll just starts falling out...So I had to head out and buy another holder...Its a conspiacy...:banghead:

And on the note of materails going up, I deal mostly with Fellers, and they had a price increase last year, and I expect it again before too long. What hurts more is that my free delivery just went from $75 to $100.

W

wetgravy

I had a supplier go from 100' rolls to 30 yard rolls keeping the same price. Everything else was the same ... it was just their way of increasing prices. Also had one supplier go from 10 yard rolls to 40 foot rolls but increased the price about 10% per foot ... that one made me a little peeved.

ucmj22

My salesman at proveer left about 6 months ago, since then they have screwed up 4 orders almost completely so I just stopped using them. Luckily i have 2 other suppliers that deliver on Wed and Fri.

Craig Sjoquist

not sure what your buying but N Glanz has been good also Accugraphics, surely Tubelite would help out but I've not used them much since I go to the other 2

sxl95

ucmj22, Who was your sales rep? I used to work at their Cleveland branch, but now I am just a customer. Aishah at the Cleveland branch is usually pretty good. We made a good team when I worked there.

Also, has anyone here had issues with them telling you an item was coming from one place, and then shipping it from another? They tried to charge my dad $15 to ship a $60 roll of vinyl. Or is this standard practice with all suppliers?

ucmj22

I shop from St. Louis, it used to be "Standard" before proveer bought it. I dealt with a guy named Nathan. he was really good, but after he left it was terrible.