Question Public Hearing sign specs that don't compute

Boudica

I'm here for educational purposes.
If only we knew each other back then!! I would have paid you to tutor him on FaceTime!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no kidding! My kid was good with math until this year - which is almost over. Geneva - Would you tutor a sophomore in HS? :p

JBurton

Signtologist
This is probably 2nd grade...I think I have PTSD from 5th grade math. I brought the worksheets to work with me and had math people with bachelors degrees try and figure it out, then they tried to teach me. Out of 100 kids in 5th grade, 80 of them required extra help each day. All 4 core teachers were helping before, during and after school. A few times I did his math for him using the old way and although it was 100% correct, only got a 50% because the process was wrong...but my process was correct and so was the answer. What a joke.
View attachment 159484
That's actually helpful for my brain vs the worksheets they keep bringing home... thanks?

Scotchbrite

No comment
This is probably 2nd grade...I think I have PTSD from 5th grade math. I brought the worksheets to work with me and had math people with bachelors degrees try and figure it out, then they tried to teach me. Out of 100 kids in 5th grade, 80 of them required extra help each day. All 4 core teachers were helping before, during and after school. A few times I did his math for him using the old way and although it was 100% correct, only got a 50% because the process was wrong...but my process was correct and so was the answer. What a joke.
View attachment 159484
Hoooolee sheeet. That is crazy! Is this really real?

I remember telling one of my sons that I wouldn't be able to help him with math homework. I told him I could help him get the right answer but I wouldn't be able to do it the way the school wants. I always hated when they required showing work in math and it looks like that's all there is in that math above.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Hoooolee sheeet. That is crazy! Is this really real?

I remember telling one of my sons that I wouldn't be able to help him with math homework. I told him I could help him get the right answer but I wouldn't be able to do it the way the school wants. I always hated when they required showing work in math and it looks like that's all there is in that math above.
Yes, it's real and don't ask me to explain how to do it, I am not smarted than a 5th grader...at least in math LOL

Thankfully my youngest son is a math wizard and has never asked me for help!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Just thought I'd post the city's reply.

"Good afternoon,

The specifications provided on the forms are minimum dimensional standards. Please see the attached image of a sign posted on a property for an ongoing development project within the City. Please note that this is strictly for reference only. Let me know if this clarifies the confusion.

Have a great weekend!"

1652728863544.png