• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchased a new router and now my printer won't connect

Pretz27

I just purchased a new router for my network and now my Roland Versacamm will not connect to the computer. My HP L26500 was able to re-connect to the new network but I cannot get the Roland to connect through Versaworks or Flexi Production Manager.

Has anyone ever ran into an issue like this before and/or have a solution?

Thanks!

Can you check the IP address of the Roland on the front panel of the printer and verify that the IP in production manager matches what is in Flexi. It is very possible when you changed your router that the ip address for the printer got changed also. So flexi is trying to connect to a printer at an IP address that it isn't at anymore.

Pretz27

Yes, I already checked that. Made sure they were identical with no success. I even changed the IP address on the Roland and then matched In Flexi and Versaworks will no success. its strange.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like the HP might be setup with Dynamic IP address support which is why the new router would pick it up so easily. The Rolands don't use this method and only support static IP addresses which is why a new router might not pick it up so easily. The new router is using a default IP address that may be different than what your Roland is looking for.

Example:

When you first setup the original router you may have only had the Roland so you set your network up as such

Router - 10.10.0.1
Computer - 10.10.0.2
Roland - 10.10.0.3

Then you got the HP and hooked it up. The router assigned it an IP address if it supports dynamic IP address

Router - 10.10.0.1
Computer - 10.10.0.2
Roland - 10.10.0.3
HP - 10.10.0.4

Then when you added the new router, it used a default IP address that usually is 192.168.001.1
Now your computer and the HP asked for an IP address and the router gave them one based on the default

Router - 192.168.001.1
Computer 192.168.001.2
HP - 192.168.001.3

Then when you hooked up the Roland, which doesn't support dynamic IPs, it said my IP address is 10.10.0.3 and the router says no that doesn't fit my parameters.

Router - 192.168.001.1
Computer 192.168.001.2
HP - 192.168.001.3
Roland - 10.10.0.3 - Router can't see this

This all assumes that the HP uses dynamic IPs. If not, you may have other issues. A quick fix would be to just change the Rolands IP address to start with 192.168.001.XXX keep the last number the same as what is already in there. Now change the IP on the software end to the same thing and see what happens.

Pretz27

That was exactly the fix right there! Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that.

ams

I just purchased a new router for my network and now my Roland Versacamm will not connect to the computer. My HP L26500 was able to re-connect to the new network but I cannot get the Roland to connect through Versaworks or Flexi Production Manager.

Has anyone ever ran into an issue like this before and/or have a solution?

Thanks!

Reset the computer, reset the router, that generally works. Lastly sometimes if you restart the printer it will connect.