• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Putting 7.6 on notebook w/o paralell for hasp

Chimuka

I was trying to put my legal 7.6 on my wifes laptop for her to mess around. Laptop does not have a paralell port but I did try a usb to paralell adapter cable but flexi software did not recognize the paralell dongle on the cable.
Any sugestions other than upgrading to 8 with a usb dongle, or finding a different computer.

Chimuka

Thanks Matt,

I did some research and the usb cable to Parallel works for only printers and is not a true parallel connection, but the card you suggested , looks like it becomes a true parallel port. I have orderd the card.

Thanks for the relpy

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Good luck - I think Mike is right though - most USB to parallel adapters do not look like real parallel ports to Windows but a PCMCIA one might do the trick. Also upgrading to version 8 is no longer an option. Once a new version comes out that is the only version prior versions can be upgraded to - so it would have to go to version 10 if you went that route - would actually be cheaper (if it came down to it) to find a laptop with a parallel port.

CS-SignSupply

The parallel dongle will not work on with an adapter.

Your options are:

1 - Find laptop with Windows XP and Parallel Port
2 - Upgrade to version 10 and get replacement usb dongle
3 - Purchase Flexi DESIGNER 10 that includes usb dongle of its own

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
He could always install Flexi on a desktop machine on the network and point the laptop to the dongle on the other machine. Once Flexi is open it is open and shouldn't look for the dongle again, until you close down and reopen it. Then of course the laptop will have to be on the network again. PITA to say the least. I never loaded Flexi on a laptop though.

Chimuka

All of us probably have more work into this than it is worth. I had one of my customers ask me if I wanted to buy out his girlfriends sign shop. Well I really did not want to, but for customer relations I gave $100 for a US Cutter with signblazer software. Well my wife caught sight of this before they made to the dumpster.

Then she wanted to cut some saddlebred horse heads. I set up the image from flexi and tried to export to signblazer but the eps failed. I had a spare Flexi 7.6 dongle laying around so I thought I would try to load it but I have run into Challenges as you can see.

Hey, At least I took one of those apartment sign shops off the street.
Now If I could only get that cutter and software to their rightful destination.... the dumpster

I am trying to keep that $100 transaction from growing into a $1000 ordeal for cutting horse heads.

Do any others have a fear of tampering or setting up new, when it comes to the wife's computer?

Thanks Everyone!