• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Q130 Contour Cutting Problems

My machine is old, I get it. It's progressively gotten worse with contour cutting. VERY inaccurate. I did a factory reset and it's still bad. My cross hair tests come out perfect. Adjusting the Axis Origin won't help either. It's usually cutting high and to the left on the right side of media, and low and to the right on the left side of the media. So adjusting it wouldn't help. Has anyone experienced this?

bannertime

I have not experienced this. First thing I'd check is if the sensor lens is clean. Next would be making sure all the settings match up. i.e. the marks are the same on the computer and what the machine expects, mark size, etc. After that. Not sure.

bannertime

Have you watched to make sure it's scanning the marks and it's not picking something else up? We had a job that would not work until we realized it was trying to read the artwork instead of the mark. Also, there was a beam of light coming through a window that was hitting the material just right to mess up how it read the mark. I didn't find it until I watched it scan each mark.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Q54 here and we have issues a lot. And I use the BombSight alignment nearly exclusively. So I don't have issues with the machine not reading the reg marks, I just have issues of accuracy in cutting no matter how meticulous I am with aligning myself. What is weird is that I usually have to shut off the plotter and restart before I cut a job. If I go from one job to the other without restarting, the next one I set up and cut will be off. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. And we do so much that even being 1-2mm off will ruin the decal (usually having a border with some white space around it). Anything relatively large is usually ok and not too noticeable if it's off. But we do lots and lots of 2", 3" type decals and we've had entire runs be trashed due to the plotter errors.
Guess it's time to look into a new plotter.

Have you watched to make sure it's scanning the marks and it's not picking something else up? We had a job that would not work until we realized it was trying to read the artwork instead of the mark. Also, there was a beam of light coming through a window that was hitting the material just right to mess up how it read the mark. I didn't find it until I watched it scan each mark.

My machine is old, I get it. It's progressively gotten worse with contour cutting. VERY inaccurate. I did a factory reset and it's still bad. My cross hair tests come out perfect. Adjusting the Axis Origin won't help either. It's usually cutting high and to the left on the right side of media, and low and to the right on the left side of the media. So adjusting it wouldn't help. Has anyone experienced this?
I have an older Q130 and its starting to go out as well, cuts fine but contour is off, I just read the thread where they turn it off and on to make it cut properly. I never noticed but mine does that as well, sometimes it would be fine, its about 10 years old an has been a great cutter until recently, Im thinking about getting a new Summa or Graphtec because it soooo annoying, can only contour a few feet at a time