• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quarterly Business Taxes...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ouch, I just $ent them off today. It $eems like a penalty for making money. I gue$$ the only thing wor$e would be not making any money at all.

mortil

how is the taxes for business over there ?

here in sweden we have 25% VAT on all profit. but you can draw it off the vat you have payed out for new equipment etc.

James Burke

Typically, we're looking at around 15% for self-employment taxes. That's just on business profits only. Income taxes are another story.

ForgeInc

I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine (who is also self-employed) when I asked him a couple days ago: "so, quarterly taxes are due soon, OUCH, right?" and the gist of his reply was: "Well, you have to actually MAKE money in order to pay taxes, it's a problem I'd welcome" and that brought me down to Earth a bit. Made me glad I actually get paid a good living to do what I love...

James Burke

I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine (who is also self-employed) when I asked him a couple days ago: "so, quarterly taxes are due soon, OUCH, right?" and the gist of his reply was: "Well, you have to actually MAKE money in order to pay taxes, it's a problem I'd welcome" and that brought me down to Earth a bit. Made me glad I actually get paid a good living to do what I love...

Yep...I've been thinking of that as well.