• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about printing with white

MimakiGuy

So I am making these colored decals that are going to go on clear vinyl. The decals are going to go on yellow vinyl, so i will need to use white behind the colors.
My problem is, i need white as an oval AND put behind all the colored pieces. It wont let me do that. My choices are either a solid piece of white, or white goes behind everything i sent to RIP.
Is there a third layer i can set up?
I am using rasterlink RIP and mimaki cjv-130 plus.
Attached is a pic. White oval is in the middle of the decal.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    820.5 KB · Views: 183

marunr

You will most likely need to do that in the design file. Create the oval as a spot color; in Onyx it should be called Spot 1, I don't know rasterlink. In Onyx the RIP will recognize Spot 1 as white since the profile is created that way. Find out what your RIP wants the white to be named. In Illustrator you would create your Spot white image in a layer above your colored image, and in the attributes window check overprint fill, while your Spot white image is selected. In Onyx the Rip will then allow you to choose white behind the image, and will automatically also fill the created oval.