• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question on spindle hub

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I have an HP latex 315 and need to get a new spindle hub. I have found some that say they are for the hp design jet. There is little to no difference between it and one made for the 315 (other than price). Does anyone know if it will work? It is 3" which is what I have now.

PrintQueen

I run a Latex 365 and a Designjet Z6. My spindles are not interchangeable...there is a length difference between the two machines, but in addition to that, the connection where the spindle meets the machine is different for us. We also have a 3" core adapter on our designjet spindles, but the spindles themselves are 2" spindles with 3" adapter connections.. not sure if this helps, as I am not super familiar with the Latex 315, but I would be cautious about trying to interchange them..

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I run a Latex 365 and a Designjet Z6. My spindles are not interchangeable...there is a length difference between the two machines, but in addition to that, the connection where the spindle meets the machine is different for us. We also have a 3" core adapter on our designjet spindles, but the spindles themselves are 2" spindles with 3" adapter connections.. not sure if this helps, as I am not super familiar with the Latex 315, but I would be cautious about trying to interchange them..
315 and 365 spindle is completely different. It's similar to that z6 spindle but larger.

Some of those hubs do also fit that 315 spindle. Just be careful if you have loose cores those might spin free.

Last edited: