• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question regarding Chip in Truevis cartridge

wesker

Would like to ask an original question.

We sometimes have large orders for which the quality of Roland ink is not necessary and we therefore use generic cartridges. Without this, it would not be possible to win the order.

The person where we buy the cartridges asks us to send them back to flash them and then fill them. Obviously, he won't tell me how to do it.

I would like to do this myself so that I can win other markets. We then go back with the original cartridges when there are then orders with better quality.

My 4 heads are still original and they have exceeded twice the theoretical limit of use limit. Our method therefore does not affect the wear of the heads.

My question is this: I would like to access the RFID chip in order to reset it so that it is 100% of the remaining ink. Has anyone ever tried to do this? Otherwise we could work on it together, or if someone has leads, I can look at how to do it. It is also for me computer curiosity.

GTSTech_1

Your supplier is probably not gonna like me after this reply. It is my understanding that Roland doesn't really utilize the Chip RFID system like Mutoh/Mimiaki or others do. Roland system reads the chip only to confirm that it is a Roland chip, the ink levels comes from the tabs on the carts themselves. If the printer detects that it is not a Roland chip, the printer doesn't give an error message, but will do more cleaning cycles because of the un recognized chip. Now to burst your bubble......When you insert the 3rd party ink, you are still using the Roland ink unless you flush all the roland ink from the ink lines then refill with 3rd party inks.

Just my .02

PS- TrueVis doesn't come in Cartridge form, it's a Bag. Also there is no chip in the States, perhaps it's different for the Euro market.

wesker

Your supplier is probably not gonna like me after this reply. It is my understanding that Roland doesn't really utilize the Chip RFID system like Mutoh/Mimiaki or others do. Roland system reads the chip only to confirm that it is a Roland chip, the ink levels comes from the tabs on the carts themselves. If the printer detects that it is not a Roland chip, the printer doesn't give an error message, but will do more cleaning cycles because of the un recognized chip. Now to burst your bubble......When you insert the 3rd party ink, you are still using the Roland ink unless you flush all the roland ink from the ink lines then refill with 3rd party inks.

Just my .02

PS- TrueVis doesn't come in Cartridge form, it's a Bag. Also there is no chip in the States, perhaps it's different for the Euro market.
You are indeed right, these are not cartridges but bags. on the plastic part is the chip, it is actually hidden in the piece of black plastic (we see a small round patch).

Your reasoning is interesting. Namely, the machine would not really use the ink cartridge chip to detect whether it is empty or not.

I'm going to do a fairly simple test: use a black plastic cover with an EMPTY chip (for example yellow), and dismantle the cover to put a full pocket of yellow.

I will therefore have an empty black plastic cover with a pocket of solid yellow. We will see if the machine goes crazy!

wesker

I didn't hang out to take the test, and I'm completely surprised to the point that I don't understand the system.

You were right !

2/3 full pocket with chip and empty plastic = 2/3 full detection
Empty pocket with chip and full plastic = empty detection
2/3 full pocket with plastic BUT WITHOUT chip = 2/3 full detection

curiously, the machine detects very empty if the cartridge is full or not, the simple fact of pushing in the cartridge and 1 to 2 seconds after it is detected.

So what would the chip be for? Just give the information of the date of use, the number of times it was pushed in, but it would not record the amount of ink remaining?

How can the machine detect so quickly just by pushing the needle in the remaining amount?

Maybe it only gives an estimate until you reach the level you were talking about.

I bought an NFC chip reader that detects the cartridge chip. I will test later to see if it is possible to reset the information as if it were taken out of the bag.

Thank you for your accuracy regarding third party inks. Could you tell me why you suggest completely emptying the machine before switching to alternative ink? That interests me!

GTSTech_1

I didn't hang out to take the test, and I'm completely surprised to the point that I don't understand the system.

You were right !

2/3 full pocket with chip and empty plastic = 2/3 full detection
Empty pocket with chip and full plastic = empty detection
2/3 full pocket with plastic BUT WITHOUT chip = 2/3 full detection

curiously, the machine detects very empty if the cartridge is full or not, the simple fact of pushing in the cartridge and 1 to 2 seconds after it is detected.

So what would the chip be for? Just give the information of the date of use, the number of times it was pushed in, but it would not record the amount of ink remaining?

How can the machine detect so quickly just by pushing the needle in the remaining amount?

Maybe it only gives an estimate until you reach the level you were talking about.

I bought an NFC chip reader that detects the cartridge chip. I will test later to see if it is possible to reset the information as if it were taken out of the bag.

Thank you for your accuracy regarding third party inks. Could you tell me why you suggest completely emptying the machine before switching to alternative ink? That interests me!
My flushing recommendation is really just an insurance policy. It's only happened once in my 12 years in the industry, but have seen coagulation between 2 different inks manufactures. Most of the time they play nice with each other, but when they don't you'd wished you flushed out the original ink.